Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-11-2002 , 02:06 AM
Subscriber

Keep faces together option...

Does anyone know where the "keep faces together option" is.. or is there anything else i can do??..

scenario...

when i extrude mulitple adjacent sub-d faces,, each extrude on its own!!!.. how can i fix this problem???

help will be greatly appreciated,
tariq

# 2 22-11-2002 , 02:11 AM
The Maya Mountain
Polygons > Tool Options > Keep Faces Together.

The Keep Faces Together option can also be found in the Channel box after an extrude takes place in order to toggle it on or off for individual situations.

# 3 22-11-2002 , 02:13 AM
i had a post on this same question. they told me it there was an option in the Channel Box that reads "keep faces together". it took me a week to figure out that you had to scroll down in the Channel Box to find it. it's there. just spend about a week and you'll find it.

the day we stop thinking is the day we start sinking
# 4 22-11-2002 , 04:49 AM
The Maya Mountain
heh heh, I have my screen resolution at 1600x1200 so I don't have to scroll... I forget that not everone's is like that.

Sorry. user added image

# 5 22-11-2002 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber
i have mine at 1280x1024, anyway,... thanks mike.. helped me a lot..