SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Technical Issues / Maya 9.0 resets viewports

Maya Technical Issues Post all your interface and configuration related problems with Maya software here.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

26-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
n88tr
Subscriber

Maya 9.0 resets viewports

I've had this problem since I installed maya 9.0 unlim on my "new" asus laptop in March. When I hit spacebar to switch viewports all the other ones, 3, default to my previous view.

Say if I was working in perspective, when I spacebar out all the others are in perspective. I've put some back to Front, Top, but holding spacebar and mousemoving to the other views but that's the only way I can make a different view port. As soon as I exit one, all the others clone that viewport. So I'm manually switching viewports everytime I want a side or top, front view. Also, another strange thing is that once I get into a viewport like perspective, my objects disappear and I always need to hit F to frame the object back in the window.

Maybe there's a reset functions option somewhere? I've not messed with maya at all since then, so much trouble.

I got maya 2011 but am having trouble installing it so for now i'm stuck with 2009

Please help
27-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
n88tr
Subscriber

I went to window, pref, edit and reset. No help
Even renamed my default maya folder where it saves everything.
No help either

Upgrading to a newer version is looking like my only option. I've got client work piling up and this is not good

desperate here guys
08-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
n88tr
Subscriber

Bump.............
13-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Gen
Super Moderator

It could be graphic driver issue. Are they up to date? Also depending on what card you have, you may need to create a rule to disable some features when Maya is running.
::|| My Maya FAQ ||::
15-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
n88tr
Subscriber

Updated grahpics

solved it by updating to 2012 lol