Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-10-2008 , 09:37 AM

Slimy tongue

I am trying to create a shader for a tongue but all my efforts so far have been some way off the mark. Does anyone have any tips on how to create a shader to give the look of a wet slimy tongue.

Cheers,

Leon

# 2 09-10-2008 , 11:07 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
its about creating a specular hilite really with a subtle bump map to catch the light.

I suggest this shader https://www.highend3d.com/maya/downlo...Skin-3002.html

Its pretty good and fast to render, its a blinn set up with a few extra nodes and it works well in MR too. It has a blue spec on it to get rid of that cg yellow looking hilite that can happen in specular areas. You'll just need to make a color, bump and spec map in order get the full effect

Cheers
Jay

# 3 10-10-2008 , 01:17 AM
I personaly never met such and I'm sure that doityorself will be the easiest way for you. Just never met ready solutions for this

In Google we trust!
Working on flameup.com and hope for your help
# 4 10-10-2008 , 03:09 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Well Sometimes these things can give you a helping hand, thats what its there for!

Jay