Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 136 25-06-2021 , 10:51 AM
Lifetime Member
Not sure if these do get read but here goes:
I would like to see a tutorial from start to finish on modelling a Ricoh Theta Z1 360 camera.
It requires the ability to mix hard surfaces with glass reflective lens elements with the surfaces being a sort of semi matt finish and some small metal elements..

# 137 25-06-2021 , 06:39 PM
Administrator
Hi MacNimation,
Thanks for your suggestions. It's not a bad idea, it could work as a product shot tutorial. At the moment, we're making a Rocket League car tutorial in Maya, but maybe after that.

All the best,
Nilla

# 138 01-07-2021 , 10:16 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for the reply. What is stumping me at the moment is the surface of the camera is Convex and there is a "cutout" flat section on it with a circular sloping section but cannot figure it out.

user added image

# 139 01-07-2021 , 10:22 AM
Lifetime Member
I have been asked to come up with something similar to The Witcher Title sequence. Not as complex but similar. If you got a good starting point it would be useful.
Basically I need to have two metallic objects and melting into each other like melting liquid metal morphing from one shape to another. Each shape may have several components also. I am sure it can be done using Bifrost so turning an object into liquid is fine, but morphing one shape into another is challenging me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC1ckolQGh8

# 140 04-07-2021 , 07:38 PM
Administrator
Sounds like you're in for a bit of a challenge. Maybe start a work in progress thread as you go along. Best of luck with it!

# 141 05-06-2022 , 02:24 AM
please create environment cartoon scene modelling techniques like Pixar's and cinematic lighting rendering