Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-03-2004 , 08:49 PM

Boolean trouble

im making a simple model of a house but when i try to cut the windows and doors one of three things happen. First is both the cutting object and main object disappear. second is it acts like it cut it but when i render/shade the model it shows that it didnt actually cut it out, so in result i still have a solid wall. Lastly (i have made several models of this house trying to get it to work) it will allow me to cut out a door, but nothing else. could someone please help? i have tried increasing the edge count but that was no help. Thanks!

# 2 14-03-2004 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
Myte... did you try what I recommended on Alias' forums in reply to your question? I explained what you needed to do in a paragraph there.

# 3 14-03-2004 , 08:59 PM
it didnt work

# 4 14-03-2004 , 09:02 PM
i just found something that would work. Ive been creating the main parts of the building then cutting out the inside so that it has walls, then i tried to cut the windows and doors. But just now i tried to cut the doors and windows first, and then do the inside and that worked.