Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-12-2004 , 07:52 AM

FBX converting

Hello m8!!

I have problem with cinverting from max file in to FBX file format so i can open it in MAYA!!Must max file be saved in som other file format or what??? I noone knows how can i do this you are welcom to link me to some other solution for importing max files in maya!!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 2 15-12-2004 , 10:13 PM
Technical Director
Get a program called deep exploration.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 16-12-2004 , 09:53 AM
Is it a freewere or is for bying?? If its for free please link me to d-load page!!!

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 4 16-12-2004 , 07:40 PM
nope, Deep Exploration isn't free. just do a google search to find info.

from Max, you could try exporting as 3ds and Importing into Maya (if 3ds supports all the things you require).
You can find 3ds import filters for Maya on Alias's site i think, in the Bonus Game Tools.

Car-maker.
Check out my releases for RACER.
see the WWW button
# 5 16-12-2004 , 11:34 PM
I got FBX from alias site but i dont know how to use it!!! You think that i can import 3ds files in maya without any converotrs??? I only need to see some models that my friend have modeled in max!!!

# 6 17-12-2004 , 12:17 AM

Originally posted by Ankalagon
You think that i can import 3ds files in maya without any converotrs???

i dont' just think it, i know it to be possible.

HERE'S THE DOWNLOAD PAGE ON ALIAS'S SITE

i've used the filter successfully many times with Maya 4.5 & 5, and i'm going to assume it works great in Maya 6 as well, since it mentions that it is for 4.5+

all you have to do is put the plugin in the correct directory, then open Maya, and in the Plugin Manager enable the 3dsimport plugin. then you can go to File-->Import and open the 3ds file.

Car-maker.
Check out my releases for RACER.
see the WWW button
# 7 17-12-2004 , 09:54 AM
Thx ill will try that, ill post my resolts if anyone is interested user added image, i have d-loaded that plugin from maay site if you are talking about FBX!!