Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-05-2006 , 12:50 PM

Maya crashing issues

Greetings everyone,

firstly if this has been covered before i apologise for my poor searching skills, also i am very new to maya and 3d moddeling so please bear with me. anyway....

i have maya 6 installed and it seems to work fine but when i create a cylinder and change the end cap subdivisions it crashes!
i formatted and reinstalled my OS and drivers then put maya back and it worked fine, then after i re-started boom, it happens again!

any assistance will be greatly apriciates as i am attempting to model a motor and require this function to make pipes and such

my computer is:
2.68 celeron
1gb ddr2 ram
2x 6800nvidias in sli (tried disabling sli to fix the problem too)
Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal motherboard
40gb ide
2x 200gb raid0 SATA hdds
Windows XP build 0 no service packs

thanks in advance,
Phobos

# 2 03-05-2006 , 12:11 PM
well some help you gus are! sorry i signed up here!!

hahah just messin, dont worry about it i can delete the vertex at each end and theres the workaround, its just frustrating having small anoyances like that but i guess thats life btw i saw some of the WIPs and finnished projects... damn theres some serious tallent out there!!

thanks anyway guys\gals

# 3 04-05-2006 , 08:21 AM
same things are happening to me.

I got maya 7 and when i tried to extrude it crashed, so i tryed to install maya 6 again and that crashed in the hypershade

Thanks,

B3DU