Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 23-04-2009 , 09:08 PM
The Nurb Herd
ha i just thought bs could stand for back story too! user added image

# 17 23-04-2009 , 09:23 PM
Subscriber
hahahaha
nice save on the bs :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 18 27-04-2009 , 08:20 AM
The Nurb Herd

Originally posted by ben hobden
Working in Render passes is not something I've covered yet so I wouldn't say I understand what it's about at all. But I was just liking your ship and trying to deconstruct how you'd made it. I really like all the tiny orange lights you've got around the middle. Is the main hub of the ship a nurbs sphere?

its all polygons. sometimes i work out the basic shape and then rework the topology. i use delete edge vertex and split polygon tool a lot! the wings are lofted nurbs surfaces. converted to polys...
the modeling only took a few of hours.

the lights were done as part of the render layers process. the rest of the ship is still there but has a surface shader with 0 matte opacity applied to it.

# 19 30-05-2009 , 12:55 PM
The Nurb Herd
I'm going to work on this tonight before i go out.

I hope i will have something to post tomorrow. if not, its not going to happen as i have other things i want to get on with.

my plan is to instance a low poly version of this and a modified version and have them leaving in an sort of exodus from their dying planet. the planet i have textured is a turquoise colour for the icy cold look.

...as i said hopefully it will get done. i've not forgotten about it, just not worked on it. user added image

all the other entries are looking great and its good that more are entering this time around.