Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-10-2002 , 05:41 AM
Subscriber

Mouse Clicking Question

Hi all, I recently re-installed Maya, so all my preferences are new. My question is, (hypothetically imagine working on a polygon shape and you have to tweak the verts, I change to vertice mode. And with one of the verts selected I use the move tool to tweak it a bit, thus screwing up another vert and I need to move that one as well.

But what happens is with my maya, I have to deselect the vert that I used, to actually click on the next, is this normal or have I gone insane. Or is there a way to click on a vert, move it, click on another vert without deselecting the previous one?

BillyZ

# 2 11-10-2002 , 06:24 AM
yeap .. ctrl-select the second one.

# 3 11-10-2002 , 03:44 PM
Supreme Being
i think adldesigner wanted to say.. shift + click the second one..

but be carefull with the shift selectin' especially if you marquee select.. it will select the ones you want but might deselect the ones you already got if you catch them too.. :p

# 4 11-10-2002 , 05:02 PM
Oh. You´re right Roman.
Sorry for the mistake people. user added image

# 5 12-10-2002 , 08:06 AM
Subscriber
shift + click --> this selects multiple vertices as said before. it de-selects vertices that have already been selected, too.
ctrl + click --> only de-selects a vertice that has already been selected.
You can select more than one vertice by marque-selecting them, however, if you display vertices on more than one object and try to select vertices on both, you will only be able to select vertices on one of the objects.
Also, the vertices on the pole of a nurbs sphere can only be split apart by smoothing the area. This creates a plump, round, cylinder when done. And you thought the poles were only one vertice, didn't you? user added image