Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-02-2003 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber

First body - male i think

ello all,

seeing all these cool characters in this months comp lead me to try a character/human form type model.

Haven't got a clue what to do really, just followed an example from a character animation book - which brought me to the following position. I am now totally stuck as to how to progress - all I know is that it ain't very refined. I know sweet fa about the human form - so any ideas on how to progress - even some background reading/studying on the human body would help.

Hope this isn't asking too much.

cheers muchly

rich

# 2 12-02-2003 , 11:35 PM
You're off to a good start. I would recommend checking out www.fineart.sk for some good human anatomy reference.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 14-02-2003 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
ello,

well thanks dannygan, I checked out the site you advised and have started again. This time using a reference picture from that site.

This is what I have some up with so far.

I have modelled it with the arms down, but I see most models with their hands straight out to the side. Is there a right way and a wrong way?? Does it effect it when it comes to adding a skeleton??

I cannot draw to save my life so I will have to try and find references on the net - not the easiest I can assure ya!!!

cheers

rich

# 4 15-02-2003 , 02:17 AM
Good start, again! user added image The proportions on your new model are much better. Keep it up.

In general, modeling a character with arms out makes binding the mesh to a skeleton easier. It's not absolutely required though.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job