Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-06-2018 , 11:03 PM

Combining Mulitple Textures Into One

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to Maya, and I’m running into issues when combining textures together.

I purchased a 3D model that I plan to import into a 2D animation software called Creature. This software converts 3D models into 2D meshes to be used in a 2D setting. In order to allow Creature to import 3D models, they must be combined into one single mesh, in the form of an .obj file, along with all textures being combined into one atlas image.

After about 10 hours of work yesterday, I finally figured out how to load the project file into Maya, getting the textures to load. Then combining all objects into one was pretty straight forward, but now I’m combining the textures into one, and I’m not exactly sure how to do so.

I tried the automatic mapping UV wrap tool to get all of the model’s faces into a single UV, but I can't seem to merge the textures together to fit the newly laid out UV map.

If anyone could offer some insight on what I’m doing incorrectly, and how I should be going about doing this, it’d be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot and I very much look forward to hearing from everyone.