Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-08-2018 , 06:28 PM

Set UV to both sides of a plane

Hello,

I've made some searches first but I guess that as I'm new, I must not use the good terms user added image

I've made a little model, and UV hand textured it.

It's okay for the first part, but then I've added 2 little polygon plane on it, then UV it.it's fine from face, but the rear side is all dark.

user added image

My renderer options are like these, and I use the default lighting :

Options>viewport 2.0
--Transparency Algorithm set to depth peeling

--Transparent shadows on (to get rid of the shadows on the plane)

# 2 03-08-2018 , 03:34 AM
SM Tea Boy
Turn on two sided lighting should fix it for you.

I would suggest you model with two sided lighting turned of it will show you which way the normals are pointing. But for viewing a 0 thickness plane you will need to turn it on if you want to preview the texture

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 03-08-2018 , 06:30 AM
Ok right, I'll do like this from now on.
Thanks user added image

# 4 03-08-2018 , 12:07 PM
SM Tea Boy
Make sure you model with two sided lighting turned of though, if you're new to Maya it might seem strange but take it from me it will save you from issues down the line.

Especially when it comes to mirror geo and such like.
Good luck
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"