Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-02-2006 , 09:26 PM

Animation- Eyeballs

Hey Guys,

I am trying to rig a character and I am really new at this. I have the body and everything rigged as well as the eyes, but the eyes are not attached to the head.

I need eyes to move with the head and the rest of the body, even though they are separate. (So I can still scan the eyes around, and when the head moves the eyeballs move with it). I already rigged it so I cannot parent it to the head.

Any ideas?

# 2 16-02-2006 , 04:21 AM
Parent the eyes to the bones in the head.

Why are all the characters we create bone-heads?

I ran into a problem with parenting one time while writing code to create a skeleton automatically and after a bit of frustration with it, I added 2 joints to the skeleton and parented the eyes to them . . . . after you skin the character though, you have to select the skin, then select the eye joint, and go to Skin>Edit Smooth Skin> Remove Influence. That stops the joint from having any effect on the skin. Unconventional, but effective.
I suppose you could leave the influence on the skin and just rotate the eyes, but I had coded the joints so they could control the eyes with sliders . . . . hee hee haa haa ho ho I gotta be the true blue big bull looney in this forum . . . :attn:

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche