Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-04-2006 , 07:49 PM

ctrl V ?

This may seem like an odd question...

I had just started a new project and was working on the first object. Accidently I pressed ctrl and V and suddenly I had pasted some objects from part of a completely different project (complete with their own 'pasted' layer) that I haven't even open for the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone know about this short key and how it works? How did I select these other objects - it's almost like I imported them but I haven't tried to import them before. Sorry if this is dumb. Just confused and curious...

thanks.user added image

# 2 21-04-2006 , 09:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm that is odd. I'd have to assume that you copied the objects and after a long time, your pc remaining on and no other copies being done on text or whatnot, you managed to paste them from the clip board.

Seems unlikely, but is possible.

# 3 21-04-2006 , 10:34 PM
Yeah, it is odd - in fact the objects it is importing are my Silenus head and two of it's blend shapes and I haven't looked at that project for a couple of weeks. My PC hasn't been left on - in fact I just restarted, opened a new scene, pressed ctrl V and there he was again! Oh well, no big deal, for now.

# 4 24-04-2006 , 03:59 PM
he he... so I guess ctrl V is just paste - I was confused as it seemed to copy both the objects and their shaders and I didn't remember copying them or realise that maya remembers the last thing it copies, regardless of how long ago. Did I mention I am crap with computers?... :blush: