Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 61 20-05-2006 , 06:04 AM
Subscriber
wow I that is coming along great. ..wish there was classes here where i live ... i would love just to get that far ...

glad you are still sticking with it ... looking good so far ..cant wait to see more progress

one crit though ...not sure if image plane goes with it ..cause image plane is very bright and your castle is darker color ..I would think darker background would look better or that is just my opinion ...

and just one more crit ...last finally castle ..top of it looks tad bit off ... other than that good

oh some flags would look neat on it just my opinion

# 62 20-05-2006 , 06:18 AM
Subscriber
sorry about that, forgot to size it down, anyway this test render reveals a few errors, rather things I do not know about;

some how I have put a textue into the windows, not hard to fix

the block things on the tops of the towers are distorted and on the right the texture has really messed up??

no bump map also.

Attached Images

take it easy and life will be easy
# 63 20-05-2006 , 06:25 AM
Subscriber
hi there Mr mmoore, didn't see you there, yea, there is still a lot to learn. I think every teacher is a walking library of accumulated knowledge passed down and through experience, that's why I have so many teachers, uni, guitar, Maya, etc.

they pass on invaluable stuff if you find a good one with a warm and generous heart.

anyway, glad your out there too, thanks for the support and I'll see what I can do about the color combinations. etc.

got to rush off to uni soon and edit a doco for .., ?? for uni I guess, it is something I have to do in a group situation, only runs for 7 minutes. I also have to compose some music for a few of he honors and masters student docos.
catch you soon

# 64 20-05-2006 , 12:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Mirek

Looks like you are having fun with Maya, it makes life easier when you can. This way you'lll pick stuff up quicker, well done on the castle so far.

My advice to you would be to finish the Giraffe from earlier on, dont leave models unfinished, I always find it annoying when people do that without finishing the first task, just a little self discipline goes a long way to separate those who can and those who cant.

Remember; 'Training' is nothing, 'Will' is everything...

Regards
Jay

PS. have edited this thread from earlier aggravations, so now its nice and cleanuser added image

# 65 20-05-2006 , 12:52 PM
Subscriber
Jay, cool my friend, stayed away from the girrafe as it was a tut, but on your advice i will go back in and do my best with it.

thanks for everythinguser added image

# 66 20-05-2006 , 04:47 PM
Coming allong nicely.

Carmera mapping is where you use standard photographs and with simple geometry create a 3d scene. You can move the camera through (Although depending on the situation/source photos etc you can have limited movement).

It can be useful for background images of a shot that otherwise would be just a standard 2d.

Also in movies it is used as it can keep costs down. eg A film in America needs to protray a shot in Sydney with the opera house etc, they could send a film crew over to do a simple shot (expensive and time consuming for a simple shot) or obtain a stock hi res photo and camera map it.

If i've got the process etc wrong please correct me.

Heres a link to some of the things you can do with it.

https://www.dvgarage.com/prod/prod.ph...ab&sub=samples

Cheers

# 67 21-05-2006 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
Jesus, I just had a look at that site and downloaded about 100 meg of stuff that will probably go right over my head, err, thanks Gster user added image I'll never for get you for this, i can't eerr, umm, thank you enough user added image

actually this is the sort of stuff i need to know, I thought that was camera tracking, not mapping. good thing about life; you learn something everyday.
cool my friend

I think i'm going to be pretty busy for the next week or so and I can't see any more updates happening too (about a week) soon unless I lose my mind and throw time management out the door.

user added image

# 68 31-05-2006 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber
nice work dude.

# 69 01-06-2006 , 01:43 AM
Subscriber
thanks my friend, I'm working on another run through of a jail cell interior now for the next episode.

should be up within a week, just after uni assignments are finished.

user added image

# 70 01-06-2006 , 01:51 AM
Subscriber
well I can not wait to see more ...hopefully it is going well and easy .. ..hope to see progress soon ..

# 71 30-08-2006 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
ehehe great work mirek... :bow:

# 72 30-08-2006 , 06:37 PM
:attn: :attn: god isn't this mirek character a goose he he, hey a half finished giffarfe, ge's a bit of one himself he he, john, what do you reckon, maybe we should both go down to adelaide and give him a serve he he

get up to broken hill sometime john and just ask for bill the dill, everyone knows me here, we'll have a couple of beers together hehe

my names billy

Last edited by bill the dill; 30-08-2006 at 07:02 PM.
# 73 30-08-2006 , 06:44 PM
and whats more.. :zzz

my names billy
# 74 30-08-2006 , 06:52 PM
???

my names billy
# 75 30-08-2006 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
bill the dill open your mind, tune in and drop out, or drop off, i dont really care. he he