Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-11-2007 , 07:18 PM

Question for Kurt or mtmckinley

hey,

I have a scene and it has a animated skate board in it. I want to have just a plain background (white) and the floor isthe same but I want it to appear like the atmosphere is still round and goes on for miles past the horizon line.

Do you guys know how to do this?

Thanks,
Blinn

P.S: My email for my other membership account (meltedpixels) doesn't work any more so if someone could transfer other all my orders to this account that would be great, I tried emailing but no reply user added image

# 2 05-11-2007 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber
Hey there,

I'm not Mike or Kurt but I did make a tutorial for one of my friends on how to do that white background, you can find it on my site under the tutorials tab, it's called Basic FG Render.

Click the link at the bottom of my post to get to my site.

I hope it's what you're after,

Mat.

# 3 05-11-2007 , 08:33 PM
Hey,

Thanks man I am looking at the tutorials, good to see they are videos. user added image

# 4 06-11-2007 , 06:06 AM
Subscriber
I don't know how to help you but it sounds like you want to do the fish-eye lens effect like they use for skateboard videos. I'm also interested in how to do this.

# 5 06-11-2007 , 03:24 PM
Hey happymat27,

I looked over your tutoials. They are really amazing you don't have a boring voice.

I am after acomplete white scene with just a skate board moving along and then it falls down a hole. I have animated this and modelled it but I don't have a clue when it comes to lighting in Maya, sure I know how lighting works in real life as I am a designer.

Would you by any chance create a video tutorial on this subject? If not could you give me some pointers please?

Thanks

# 6 06-11-2007 , 04:18 PM
The Maya Mountain
Generally, just create apply a Use background shader to a surface that your skateboard is traveling along and make your background white.

# 7 07-11-2007 , 09:51 PM
Ok thanks, I didn't even know a use background shader existed haha. How do I change the color of the background shader? Because it only has specular color settings.

Thanks user added image

# 8 08-11-2007 , 12:37 AM
The Maya Mountain
you change the color of the Use Background by changing the color of your background. user added image

Background color can be found in your camera's attributes under the Environment section.

# 9 08-11-2007 , 02:55 AM
ok great thanks. The floor has the color green. Is it meant to have a green color, but when rendering it has the white color.

# 10 08-11-2007 , 07:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
the green is just in your camera's view so you see the plane. The color will be whatever your background is, which I would assume is white by what you're saying.