Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-03-2003 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber

After Effects Pro or Standard

Is there a huge difference between the two? ( Apart from $ :-)
OR is the standard version sufficient for doing general compositing of 3d animation and live footage + spicing????
Any advice.

# 2 08-03-2003 , 08:52 PM
SM Alumni
Standard version should be fine for almost everything, the biggest plus with the Pro version is its ability to use Maya camera data.

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 3 08-03-2003 , 09:24 PM
You should be ok without the pro bundle for generic, everyday compositing tasks...

However, if you ever need to do motion tracking, 2d particle animation, and a few other more advanced things, consider getting the pro bundle.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 08-03-2003 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
Guys I have a trial version of AE and when I install it......I get the choice to choose the language.
Is that the case with the non trial version as well????
I know a German guy who has the Production Bundle and he does not use it...... I could offer to buy it of him for cheap if I can install it in English. Any one here with the Pro version???..... could you please check :-) for me. Thanks

grrrr
# 5 10-03-2003 , 03:00 AM
Yeah, guess what, though. 2D Motion tracking and image warping (both exclusive to the pro version) are incredibly useful if you're doing live-action integration.

My rule of thumb would be: if you're integrating live-action with CG, get Pro at any cost. If you're mainly compositing CG layers or using it to process computer-generated video footage, get Standard.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com