Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 31-05-2003 , 11:23 AM
Probably one of the most dissapointing movie of the year for me personally. Effects were great, direction was so -so, nothing new really, part 1 kicked ass because of the originality in its vision this one just doesnt hit the spot and i think they have taken the slow mo to a level where it can just about start to get annoying! If you guys didnt notice the script is short and therefore there are a lot of sequences in the film that have been extended.Yes they do look like they were placed there to extend the time of the film e.g the love making/zion party sequence. Keanu reaves has and will always fight like a sissy, even Wu pings choreography cant save him. Dont get me wrong, i am a matrix fan although i can pass this one up.Once is enough.
user added image

# 77 31-05-2003 , 11:35 AM
well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

Black_Robe

''Where do we go now?Where do we go now?...''
# 78 31-05-2003 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
yeah i felt they used slow motion a bit too much as well
the thing is, the original matrix was so completely different in its idea and visuals that its very hard for any other film to live up to its standards, even its sequel/second part

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 79 31-05-2003 , 03:57 PM

Smith fight scene

I saw a TV news thing bout the Smith 10000x battle with neo. They did something like use a mix of cg and stunt doubles that looked nothing like the actors to film the fight scene and then they simply filmed Neo and Smith's heads at different angles and different facial expressions. Then they just put the filmed heads onto the already filmed fight scene.

# 80 01-06-2003 , 08:50 AM
I loved the movie both CGI and film wise! But I am still trying to figure out why in the heck they put that whole zion temple orgy/sex scene in there... and I hope to never see Keanu Reaves that naked again in my life! Or see his "Oh" user added image face! GROSS!!!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 81 01-06-2003 , 05:37 PM

Originally posted by wicket
Or see his "Oh" user added image face! GROSS!!!

LOL. user added image

# 82 01-06-2003 , 06:57 PM
A little to graphic (not the computer kind) for me! But like I said the rest of it was pretty to look at! <Gazes off into space> Pretty shiny objects!!! oooooooooo!!! lol!

# 83 01-06-2003 , 10:55 PM

nerds :P

user added image Just because you guys can't get laid in real life, doesn't mean you have to take it out on people who get it all the time user added image lol

# 84 01-06-2003 , 10:58 PM

Re: nerds :P

Originally posted by HAL 9000
user added image Just because you guys can't get laid in real life, doesn't mean you have to take it out on people who get it all the time user added image lol

I f*cking agree. Very well said mate.

As stated above ... sex rules, whichever the scene, time, religion, whatever .. it just rules. Smith would have said it like this: ".. it is the purpose that drives us.. "

# 85 01-06-2003 , 11:32 PM
well i saw the movie today!
gotta say i didnt liked the sex scene neither it doesnt add anything to the movie not important and too damn long it would be cool if they just would have done a better thing instead of that like for example showed more of the city or things like that i think a great movie doesnt need that take Star Wars for example all the other things i liked em lol the some parts of the fight scenes are really awesome and they make the adrenaline rise up lol

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 86 01-06-2003 , 11:48 PM
I personally don't see the point of a lot of sex scenes in movies! I personally think the ol cut and fade, use the freking imagionation that we are all supposed to have, technique when it's necesary! But that scene had nothing to do with the rest of the freaking movie!!! "yeah we'll save the day and zion!!! now everybody drop some E and rave the night away while Neo and Trinity bone eachother!!!" what was the point of that?!?!?
What I'm saying has nothing to do with people not getting sex! It has to do with good film making!!! Isn't that what most of us want to do here?!?! make films, entertain others! If the "love" scene is necesary then fine but not just random moments of sex!
I don't mean to sound bashy towards the movie or sex! We all like sex! I'm just saying that if it has nothing to do with the plot... why waist the film?!?! This is of course my opinion on film making! Nor am I bashing at anyone here!!! (disclaimer) user added image Loved the rest of the movie though! L8 mates!

# 87 02-06-2003 , 12:03 AM
I think the idea of the sex scene was to express the love between Neo and Trinity, and there love is one of the most important parts of the film. Even if some didn't see that, i think that was what the writers intended. I personally did mind that scene.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 02-06-2003 at 12:12 AM.
# 88 02-06-2003 , 12:37 AM
The loev between those two saved Neos life in the first movie. So i think its realy important.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 89 02-06-2003 , 12:45 AM
Totally agree. I mean, had the love not mattered that much then Neo would have walked though the other door and saved Zion, rather that risking Zion to save Trinity. Thats a bit decision, to make, which shows how important it is.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 90 02-06-2003 , 01:45 AM
I agree that the love between them is important! In fact one of the most important factors! But I just didn't see why they needed to show us them having sex! Why not say they were going off to do so but then tell us more story and let our imaginations fill in that part! We know they love eachother, it saved Neo and now saved Trinity too! But there could have been ten minutes of story told to us during the orgy/sex scene or just cut the movie ten minutes shorter. But hey like I said loved the movie saw it twice so far I just feel if I was the editor I would have done somemore work and taken out some un-necesary parts! user added image Oh well though! user added image
L8 mates!