Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-07-2008 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber

UV mapp from maya ended up useless!

I just exported my Zbrush file to Maya and the polygons were separated for some reason. The main problem was, I had already UV mapped everything in Maya into the UV space and did some detailing work on it in Zbrush. When I exported it back to Zbrush, all my UV maps were gone!!! Instead of the layout I had in the UV space, I had a bunch of 2x2 blocks of UV's going across the UV texture editor! Why did it do that??

Problem number 2 was while modeling in Zbrush, my polygon was no longer uniformal. I clicked on frame and some parts were separated in colors and I also had triangles around the deltoid areas. I will screen cap. Please help me! This is the second time exporting something has screwed me up. I've never had any success doing it yet. Thanks!

user added image
user added image
user added image