Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-11-2005 , 05:23 AM
Technical Director

XBox 360

Well guys, I just stayed up till 12:30 AM to watch the XBox 360 Zero Hour. And man. Some of those games look amazing. I really want to see what the game devs can push this thing too. No more need for low-poly models!

Finally the Next-Gen era has begun!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 2 22-11-2005 , 09:19 AM
well try watching the latest "Metal Gear Solid 4" trailer on the Playstation 3

thats simply something else

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 3 22-11-2005 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, I saw that MGS4 trailer last week, absoloutely stunning, and I like what they've done with Snake!

I'm a playstation freak myself (just got me a psp, those things ROCK), I'm going to be waiting for the playstation 3 rather than getting an Xbox 360. I think the 360 will kick some ass though, and I think the design of the console is much nicer than the original Xbox, which was horrid.

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 4 22-11-2005 , 12:08 PM
hmmm, its the 'wait or dont wait scenario...'

I've always liked Playstations but the Xbox 360 is a little tempting. How much is it starting at?

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 5 22-11-2005 , 12:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
I might actually get a xbox after the 360 comes out. lol

# 6 22-11-2005 , 12:56 PM
Technical Director
Well, do you guys think that releasing early was a smart move on microsofts side? Or do you think that they should've waited?

t1ck135: The XBox 360 is comming out at about $399.

Mike: Yeah, I think I will too user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 7 22-11-2005 , 01:36 PM
Subscriber
If the 360 is going to be so great, why do Microsoft need to rush it out in order to beat playstation in the sales? I think it is going to be a great console, but I think that the PS3 is going to be worth the wait, and if it is better than the 360, more people will end up buying it anyway. The only prob with PS3 is how expensive its going to be when it actually does come out.

# 8 22-11-2005 , 02:02 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
I might actually get a xbox after the 360 comes out. lol

It's a tax deduction for you mike since you're in the industry....business reference. user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 9 22-11-2005 , 03:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
nah, not worth it. I've not owned a console since the N64 and PS1 days.

(Ok, I bought a Gamecube/Zelda combo, but gave it to my younger bro for Christmas. :p)

But if a PS2 or Xbox1 gets down to around $50-75 with a game pack thrown in, I might nab one. There's a lot of games on those systems that I wouldn't mind playing.

# 10 22-11-2005 , 04:54 PM
A friend of mine just finished Shadow of Collosus and loved it. Trying to get hime to let me borrow it...short game but beautiful cinematics. Im working on getting God of War or DMC III for x-mas...heh.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 11 22-11-2005 , 05:15 PM
bit of a side topic but can you hook up a console to a computer monitor to use as the display?
I'm trying to figure out a way of running one without a tv...

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 12 22-11-2005 , 05:41 PM
Frankly, it doesn't matter which box is better than the other. It all boils down to the games. I'm not getting an Xbox 360 for quite some time, because I'm not all that thrilled with the first lineup of games. I'm sure things will get better over the coming months as more titles are released, but, for now, I've got more important things to spend my money on. Somehow, food and rent have more priority than games. :p

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 13 22-11-2005 , 06:27 PM
Waaaaaay too expensive. And the only game that im looking foreward to that is on the 360 would be Halo 3... if they even make one. I loved 2 more then 1 so 3 might be even better. As for the PS3... i cant stand the playstation... except for the PSP which is awesome. Anyway. The only consoles that I have are the N64 and the Gamecube, which frankly was great... when I was 9... now all of their games are kiddish probably except for Super Smash bros, that game never gets old.

So I will never own an XBox or an XBox 360. Never. Nor am I begging or trying to get one... to me all consoles are a dissapointment. :shakehead:

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 14 22-11-2005 , 08:02 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by MattTheMan
Waaaaaay too expensive. And the only game that im looking foreward to that is on the 360 would be Halo 3... if they even make one. I loved 2 more then 1 so 3 might be even better. As for the PS3... i cant stand the playstation... except for the PSP which is awesome. Anyway. The only consoles that I have are the N64 and the Gamecube, which frankly was great... when I was 9... now all of their games are kiddish probably except for Super Smash bros, that game never gets old.

So I will never own an XBox or an XBox 360. Never. Nor am I begging or trying to get one... to me all consoles are a dissapointment. :shakehead:

I'm not much of a PS fan either, especially after the launch of the slim line PS2 (at least here in Denmark), they launched it with only a new design at a higher price than the old PS2 (which I understand), but also at a higher price than the Xbox, which (as far as I know) has newer hardware, and thus in my eyes should be a superior console. But the problem imo is that game developers develop too many cross platform games, and therefor the consoles rarely make the best of their capabilities. To me, the PS2 is just more popular because it's well known. Kinda like when people with Windows use IE when there are better alternatives user added image

But then again, as an Xbox owner, I really miss Final Fantasy user added image

I bought an Xbox about a year ago, mainly to get Fable, but I've also gotten a few more games since, but I don't use it that much, and probably won't buy a new console anytime soon. Execpt for a PSP though, that thing is just too damn hot! user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 15 22-11-2005 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
Yes, the PSP is a fantastic machine. I use it on my commute into work, I've got SSX on tour and its so addictive and makes the train journey fly by. I'm going to wait for PS3 to come out, but when it does I probably won't get one straight away as it will be soooo expensive. Its the same with the 360. When I was younger I would never have dreamed of asking my parents for a near £300 games machine! Thats just crazy! And £45 a pop for the games?!! user added image