Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-12-2005 , 09:23 AM

reflecting paint effects not wonted.

I am making this map in maya for unreal and I whanted to make a outdoor sence that has a mountine in the middal that you can clime on, but when I was using the 3d paint tool and I started painting and it started just to paint in certain areas and reflected on other parts on the terrain that I did not wan't and I don't know how to fix it. user added image

Can someone help me?

# 2 27-12-2005 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber
hi there,
It possibly sounds like you didn't map your uv's first. If you are using polygons, the UV's need to be mapped inside the 1:1 image map. If you never done uv mapping, you can do a search in here as well as google which you would want to lookup unwrapping uv's.

As for the reflections, this sounds like you applied a blinn material or I think there is also PhotonE material that would do the samething. I don't know too much about photonE materilas but a blinn material has extra attribute channels that allows your objects to have reflections and/or be shinny where as a lambert is a standard material node. IMHO, I would go for a lambert for your mountians which should not create any reflections.

# 3 27-12-2005 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
Open the brush tool attributes and turn off the mirror stroke option.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."