Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-06-2006 , 01:06 PM

attaching halves

How'dy peoples, how are you all?
I'm new to Maya and loving it.

I am in the process of doing the cartoon dog tutorial and have a problem after attaching the two halves of the model.
Basically there is a line around the model where the two halves meet. This is after converting to subd. I am confident I've merged all the vertices correctly. Some help as to why this occurs and how to fix it would great.

Cheers guys.

# 2 09-06-2006 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
can you post a screen shot of the problem ?

# 3 09-06-2006 , 02:10 PM
Hello.

Well, there seems to be no problem anymore. I went back and re-attached the halves again, merged vertices, convert to subd and all was good.

Anyway, here is the model so far.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 09-06-2006 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
well your dog is looking good ..keep us posted on more updates ..you are doing a good job ..i never got that far in the dog lmao I gave up so congrats

# 5 09-06-2006 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber
u may have needed to just soften ur normals

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 6 09-06-2006 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber
converting to subD would have automatically softened the normals, so i don't think that was the problem...i've come across isntances in maya where i merge the vertices, but they don't actually connect, despite how high i set the distance...that may have been what happened...that they merged, but didn't really merge, if you know what i mean.

# 7 10-06-2006 , 08:06 AM
Hey guys, thanks for your help.