Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-04-2009 , 11:08 AM

Online tutorial - really trying to find it again

Hello,

I used to have it bookmarked but rebuilt my computer, forgot to save the reference, and can't find it again.

I was short and contained only text and images (no video). The creator had built a set that was like a feudal japanese village, with some wood and paper houses, paper lanterns and a stone bridge.

The tutorial itself wasn't all that detailed and I think focussed on lighting and possibly GI, and a little mention of materials/textures.

I originally found it by searching for "maya lighting tutorials" or "maya global illumination tutorials" but despite spending all morning trying to find it, I can't (though I've found every other one I had bookmarked).

I'd really like to find it again - if anyone is familiar with it/has it saved, could they let me know? I wanted to use the images as some lighting and modelling ref since they are quite nice.

cheers

gubar