Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-09-2010 , 10:27 AM
Subscriber

Scholarship advice

Hello everyone,

Over the past few years, I have worked has a full time games tester and a part time student studying game development for my dream career working as a 3D artist and aventually progess to the roll of character modeling.

During the course it was very difficult mainly because my tutors where big fans of 3D MAX (with no industry experience), however during the course I decided to teach myself how to use Maya with books and with the great tutorials of Simply Maya, and I totally love using Maya.
Anyway I have recently graduated from my course with flying colours and after all the years of hard studying things are totally starting to pay off.
Very soon I will be starting a scholarship with a development studio, which is a great opportunity for getting my foot in the door.
I just want to ask anyone with knowledge of working within development for any helpful advice or advice on what is expected from a potential junior artist.

Cheers
user added image