Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-04-2003 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber

UV Unwrapper- Ultimate Unwrap 3D

I read about the updated release of this multi format UV unwrapper on the CG talk forums and am currently trying the demo. I am finding it a very useful tool. I was finding unwrapping UV's in Maya rather difficult; this seems to make things easier and the demo is free to try. Worth a look at;

https://www.unwrap3d.com/

# 2 25-04-2003 , 08:17 PM
Kevin
I think danny plugin does just this if Im not mistaken mate

# 3 25-04-2003 , 09:54 PM
UV editing in Maya is actually pretty easy, IMHO. However, it can get tedious and repetitive, which is why I wrote dannyUvTools. These MEL scripts use Maya's built-in mapping and UV editing features. Nothing quite as elaborate as Ultimate Unwrap, but at least it's all internal to Maya, is cross-platform, and free. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 25-04-2003 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
Cool Danny,
I have no real good experience with texturing.. hopefully this will help me texture my critter in simplymaya's tournament.

Thanks,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 5 26-04-2003 , 06:41 PM
Subscriber
I'll give that a try too, thanks. I know some people find UV mapping and editing easy, but I am not one of them. 8)