Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-10-2009 , 12:27 AM

problem with skeletons

I'm having a problem with skeleton creation.

When I select two joint chains to attach to each other rather than the two joints I select attaching direct as logically expected, one attaches to the joint behind the one I want it to attach to.

When I'm using the insert joint tool its hard to lay down the joint and when I am successful its created far from the rest of the skeleton and I have to keep dragging it all the way over. When I change the view its far away from the skeleton again.

If I select and copy a finger joint chain and paste it rather than simply paste another finger which attaches to the wrist the program keeps creating an entire new arm chain complete with all the joints I didn't select.

any help is appreciated...

# 2 27-10-2009 , 12:45 AM
EduSciVis-er
Okay, I'll give these a try:
1) In the connect joint options, choose parent joint as opposed to connect joint
2) Use the orthographic views for creating joints, not the persp
3) Use duplicate instead of copy-paste as a general rule, might fix your problem in this case.