Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-04-2003 , 02:04 PM

Suggestions on my first poly head

I made my first head following Dave K's Poly Head Modeling tutorial. I have not finish this model fully but I just wanted to ask you guys about the eye socket and the nostrils after being smoothened why does it still look like that? And for such a small model it has too many edges. Any suggestions?? Thanks!user added image

Last edited by kranerie; 28-04-2003 at 08:21 AM.
# 2 24-04-2003 , 02:06 PM
Kevin
can you do a screen shot please mate... make it easier for people to answer

# 3 28-04-2003 , 08:23 AM

Re: Suggestions on my first poly head

Originally posted by kranerie
I made my first head following Dave K's Poly Head Modeling tutorial. I have not finish this model fully but I just wanted to ask you guys about the eye socket and the nostrils after being smoothened why does it still look like that? And for such a small model it has too many edges. Any suggestions?? Thanks!user added image

# 4 29-04-2003 , 09:31 AM

;klkjkl

la lang....

# 5 29-04-2003 , 10:06 AM
Kevin
hmmm I see your problem mate, I have seen many people try the method you are using and some find it very hard to use!

It is impossible to say where you have gone wrong without close up wireframes.

Have you looked at the polygon head walkthrough video here: https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=54

IMO it is a far easier way to do the head.... but I guess each person has there own way.

# 6 05-05-2003 , 08:32 AM
I could not get the tutorial video because I can't get any points. Thanks anyway.

# 7 17-05-2003 , 09:13 AM
Um .. screenshot wire frame..
There are many ways of head modeling.. i dont use this method... i find methods used by bay raitt cube.phlatt.net/home/spiraloid
and a method at www.thehobbitguy.com very usefull.. they all keep edge loops and a mesh that is natural and easily used in animation.

FX supervisor - double negative