Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-07-2003 , 09:18 PM

Where's The "Wavefront" in Alias/Wavefront??? :/

Is Alias/Wavefront no more or is there no more Wavefront? Just been to their site and it's whack! :/ Dunno about you folks but I loved their other website layout. Much easier
to navigate. Guess I gotta go pop a cap or bust some skulls now, huh... user added image :2gunfire: :mingun: Oh well... now I can't even find Mental Ray for 4.5 now... and I need it too... user added image

Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com
# 2 17-07-2003 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
I know what you mean but the new one is more cleaner and easier to navigate.

grrrr
# 3 17-07-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
the new site design seems quite cool...

new logos a bit week thoughuser added image

Attached Images

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 4 17-07-2003 , 10:37 PM
WOW, Havnt seen you on SM in a while Mushroom god. Never hear back from you when i PM either.

The Alias site is much better! Alot cleaner. I like the logo, but they have a crapy res on the small one with black bg.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 17-07-2003 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber
Yes the logo is week. Might grow on me though. Using swoosh on logo is so yesterday.

grrrr
# 6 17-07-2003 , 11:15 PM
Subscriber

WOW, Havnt seen you on SM in a while Mushroom god. Never hear back from you when i PM either.

yep, been away but now im back user added image

I havent got any pm from you, are you sure you dident send me an email....either way sorry about not replying, i normaly reply to everyone who emails/PMs me....maybe i didnt get ituser added image

Monsters! Monsters from the id!
# 7 17-07-2003 , 11:35 PM
Man, the design is ok, but when they tout that the guy who designed the "globe and swoosh", as Alias calls it, as an "Apple Master", it made my assumptions, and first-impressions realized....

My first impression was that I thought that someone with a major apple-fixation designed it, cause it smells of the typical Apple layout....
...but that's just fine.... so neverminduser added image Mute point anywayz...

Also, it is weird that A|W is calling it a "name-change", when they were alias to begin with. ??

They should be saying.. "going back to our roots before our merge with Wavefront, so now we are Alias.... again..."

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 8 18-07-2003 , 04:40 PM

Originally posted by ragecgi
... My first impression was that I thought that someone with a major apple-fixation designed it, cause it smells of the typical Apple layout ...

I agree. I believe it´s not as powerfull as the other one, but this almost always happens with a mayor redesign of an already successfull design.

People will start to like it anyway. I just hope this is not the first step towards an Apple - lization of Maya. <-- Disregard this last statement, shameless flamebait. Bad adl! bad adl! user added image

# 9 18-07-2003 , 04:54 PM
Vampus
I'm getting dead links user added image Is it just me?

[EDIT]
Where? .. Here or there?
-Please edit your message-
[/EDIT]

Last edited by adldesigner; 18-07-2003 at 04:56 PM.