Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 13-06-2008 , 04:18 PM
Yeah more members :attn:

# 17 13-06-2008 , 08:15 PM
Acid44
i just had to stop by to say, the acid tes on firefox = user added image

on opera user added image

opera's friggin amazing btw... i just got it last night and im never using anything else again:attn:

# 18 15-06-2008 , 05:20 AM
Just discovered Opera 9.5 handles bit torrents as well! :attn:

With firefox I have to have a separate torrent client.

Woohoo way to go Opera

That calls for user added image

Chris

# 19 15-06-2008 , 05:33 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
opera could handle bittorrents before, but wasnt that good at it

# 20 15-06-2008 , 05:45 AM
I just got into using Opera, so only just found out it could do that.

I've led a very sheltered life til now :blush:

Only used a bowser to browse really If needed something else just found a client or something to do it for me, so didn't really think a browser could do so much... Yes I know, I'm a thicko!!!
So please forgive my somewhat naive look on things user added image

Cheers

Chris

# 21 17-06-2008 , 10:19 PM
i still use IE6 its the best

# 22 18-06-2008 , 07:58 AM
downloaded both new versions of opera and firefox today top compare and i got to say i'm really liking opera so far - thanks for the heads up. user added image

# 23 02-07-2008 , 06:01 AM
I am a ff user and sometimes I need another browser to surf. I have chosen opera, but the 9.5 version disappointed me a little - some bugs with the scripts running and some little unconveniences, firefox is still the best

HostV - VPS Hosting - https://www.hostv.com
# 24 02-07-2008 , 07:51 AM

Originally posted by HostV
I am a ff user and sometimes I need another browser to surf. I have chosen opera, but the 9.5 version disappointed me a little - some bugs with the scripts running and some little unconveniences, firefox is still the best

care to elaborate? what bugs exactly?

i don't know, i've been using both so far and opera seems pretty solid to me.

one thing i'm not sure about though - if you're downloading a torrent, is there a way to specify what files you want, like utorrent, so you don't have to download the whole lot...?

# 25 04-07-2008 , 09:37 AM
There is a patch for Opera 9.5 out today:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/04/opera_update/

The patch constists mostly of security and performance fixes, though I don't think that the annoying, but bearable "addresses don't move to the top of the list when clicked upon" "feature" was fixed. Oh well...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 26 05-07-2008 , 04:05 PM

Firefox VS Opera

I don't know what version of Firefox you use, but mine (3) passed the test just fine...
I only tried opera for a few hours and I got back to Firefox right away... there are some great features and a lot of pretty useful addons: add block(get rid of 95% of adds on the internet), spell checker, firebug(for web development) and much more.
plus, there are a few new features on the latest version, like search suggestions by looking through the history and some stuff I haven't found out about yet.
I haven't found any of those on opera...
I think I'll stick to Firefox user added image
BTW, Milan22 (

i still use IE6 its the best

)
I you really believe that you don't know what you're talking about (and please correct me if I'm wrong)

Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 27 05-07-2008 , 09:19 PM
Acid44
how do you make opera stop trying to handle torrents.... it really sucks at it :p

# 28 06-07-2008 , 07:21 AM

Originally posted by acid44
how do you make opera stop trying to handle torrents.... it really sucks at it :p

I'm afraid I have no idea. I don't use torrents, dial-up is waaay to slow for this kind of thing, but an answer could be found under Help > Community/Support. Thats where I go if something leaves me user added image

@ BennyK

I used version 2. Latest one I had on my Linux install. And yeah, I know that Firefox is expandable through plugins, but its slow on my box without them. With them, it would probaly be more slow. I prefer (OK, I need) the performance that a Qt (the programming language Opera uses) app provides. I don't think Firefox is bad though, in case you are wondering.

@ Milan22

In my experience, IE6 would crash every 30 or so minutes by itself. If there were multiple windows open (tabs don't exist in MS land back in those days) it would crash every 15 or so minutes. If I closed one of the multiple windows, there would be a 1 out of 4 chance of it crashing and becoming:

A. This hideous zombie/ghoul process that would eat up memory and waste CPU time with a button on the taskbar filled with gibberish that when clicked on will induce a BSoD

B. A BSoD that will crash the whole computer.

I experienced this for years until I finally decided that the time I spent rebooting was more than the time spent downloading another browser. So I downloaded another browser and it was mostly well. So much for the legendary stability of Windows 2000 SP2. For those who want to know how I install and admin things, I did everything by the book and I still got a BSoD at the end of the day. Yay! :attn:

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 29 06-07-2008 , 11:51 PM
Lol, thanks for the support man :bow:

Originally posted by The Architect
I did everything by the book and I still got a BSoD at the end of the day. Yay! :attn:

And I've got enough of those BSoDs to understand that there's nothing good about them (it took about 1/50+ to understand that really user added image ). I really don't know what the 'Yay!' was about...
BTW, maybe Firefox is pretty slow... I haven't noticed it, and my computer is at it's utmost suckage lately compared to all that newer, stronger, cheaper stuff on the market. If it was any older it had to be a Celeron or a Pentium II :attn: ( :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Oo, now I understood what the 'Yay!' was about user added image ).
Benny

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)