Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-02-2009 , 05:57 AM
Acid44

most annoying games in the world

what, in your opinion, is the most annoying game in the world?

i say its tight between the old ragnarok game where you could die and have to start all over at any random time for any random stupid reason, and Uplink, a hacking simulator where you could be caught at what seems to be random times and have to start over (not really random but you really have to remember to be fast as hell and delete all your logs)

although i do suggest Uplink to anyone who likes a challengeuser added image

# 2 24-02-2009 , 07:13 AM
Subscriber
Hands down has to be Guitar Hero.
After playing real guitar i cant get it right and end up frustrated and hating everything. Especially Guitar Hero! :headbang:

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 24-02-2009 , 07:15 AM
Acid44
oh god i forgot about that disasterpeice... i have the same problem.. especially when i try to play songs on it that i can play in real life... it gets to the solo and takes me a minute to realize that the Gh guitar has no 17th fre...:headbang:

# 4 24-02-2009 , 02:05 PM
Senior Software Developer
Lord of the Rings on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum.

Took 45 mins to load from tape and if you died you have to reload the entire game from tape and start again.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 5 24-02-2009 , 02:47 PM
Subscriber
Mine is a toss up

Mario sunshine (gc) after the wonder that was Mario 64 - they unleashed a game were you clean the streets (WTF)

Duke Nukem 64 (N64) - One of the best FPS at the time and I thought yerrr great 4 player split screen this will rock - "Hail to the king baby". Not only did they pull the 4 player option down to two they removed the blood, the swearing and the boobies - I sorry I`m not playing the same game any more. This was more like "Err I have something stuck on my boot"

# 6 24-02-2009 , 08:06 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hands down gears of war for pc (i know im ruffling afew feathers here) the damn games initial load would take almost a minute and then i'd die and would watch that damn reload screen for another minute followed by world of war craft im not even gonna justify why i dislike this game
just seen the trailer for god of war three my god kratos looks fantastic. 20k polygons and he looks that realistic man i wish my modelling was that efficient

# 7 24-02-2009 , 08:25 PM
Jr.Who
First one that comes to mind is Uplink. I hated how when you got caught you had to start over, there wasn't a way to save it. Then it required you to remember a bunch of nerdy stuff… like command line things. No, I don't want to enter command line. I want to just hit a button and kill his computer.

Plus, I got up to a point where you had to hack a LAN. Yeah, got all the way to like the end of the freakin network and couldn't figure out where I had to go. It's not like they made it hard enough to hack the LAN, it was confusing to move around and you had to use like 3 different LAN tools. Don't get me wrong, I can stand 3 tools, but I couldn't even remember what they were cause they had these crazy names. I'd just shove the tool wherever and pray it would work. lol

I liked Wolverine's Revenge, but it was possibly the hardest game I've ever played. I remember spending like 3 hours just trying to beat a boss… I still haven't unlocked all the extras. And it doesn't make sense… I mean, Wolverine can't be killed, so why should I care if I catch the attention of the guards? It's just more people to kill…

Madden and Tiger Woods games… I'm not saying they're bad games. But why the crap would I want to hear Madden say the same thing 500 times? Really, when I hear Madden on the TV I want to stab myself in the biceps. And Tiger Woods had some sweet Irish guy, but the voices would be way off. You'd just hit a nice drive on a par 5 and he'd be like "We gotta let him concentrate for this putt." ……<_<……>_>……

I'll try to think of some more… that was just a quick list cause I have some free time right now. lol

# 8 25-02-2009 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber
i can't remember the name of the game but it was a racing game

(ok, i think all racing games are the same with different cars and graphics (really, how can you improve on a racing game other than adding graphics?))

i'd always end up driving the wrong way because of the way the controllers were set up

XMen legends on PS2 was annoying... well the loading times anyway
within an hour you've probably spent over 30 minutes waiting for the next part of the level to load...

equally annoying are all FPS games because i can't control the mouse and i always die in one hit... one time i played halo with my friend and i lost 21:1 i think he let me have that win too...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 25-02-2009 , 04:06 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
did anyone here finish FF 12 i couldnt get past the last boss in over a year(only reason i kept my ps2 for that long) so i gave up and sold my console and games
aaaah how could i forget street fighter how many versions of ryu are there...ken akuma gouken dan sakura talk about lack of creativity but for the life of me i absolutely love the game

# 10 25-02-2009 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
i finished it

how do you not get past the last boss user added image
its a game where you only need one finger on the analogue stick and push x a few times to talk to people... you dont need anything else

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 11 25-02-2009 , 09:35 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
well also the lack of an engaging story so i wasnt really motivated to finish it