Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-03-2009 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber

Is anyone there?

David, I didn't want it to come to this but since you have been ignoring my e-mails, PMs and numerous money requests from Paypal, you leave me no choice but to post this on the forums. As you are already well aware, I've been getting corrupt file messages when I try downloading your tutorials, the dvd-rom you say you sent me never arrived and the refund you offered has never materialised. You've had my money for four months now and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. Where is the refund for £64.80 that I paid you last year?
I know I'm not the only person you've treated this way. I had to contact another moderator/instructor via the forums only to find out they left a few months ago because of the way this site is going, and Kevin who apparently still deals with the admin left 3 years ago! Maybe it's time you updated your contact details? It looks like it's only you running the site so I am asking you again for my refund.
It's a real shame, you have some fantastic tutorials (as far as I can tell) but you are letting the site down by treating your customers like crap. I am not going to let this drop, I want my money back.

# 2 31-03-2009 , 06:39 PM
SM Tea Boy
Your money has been refunded. I have no idea why you can not download the files since we've served more than a million downloads with very few problems

2 DVD's have been sent to you and again i have no idea why you did not get them. We are the only place on-line that would refund a digital download amazon will not nether will our competitors as i only have your word that you have not downloaded the files.

I hope this brings this matter to a conclusion.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 31-03-2009 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
Thankyou. Yes, finally the money has been refunded. Again, it's a shame I had to post on the boards to get a response from you after so long. There is obviously a problem with DVDs going missing as you said yourself that you had to stop the service for this reason and that is why you now only provide tutorials via download.
I don't know why I had issues with playing back the files, but my PC kept flashing error messages, crashing and logging me out. I can assure you I have not been able to play the files I downloaded and am really disappointed as the Interior Scenes tutorial would have really helped me out. I have downloaded many tutorials from other 3D sites and ordered a lot of DVDs which have all arrived and only had to have a replacement DVD once as it was faulty.
I don't expect to get anything for free, especially not top-notch training in Maya and if I'd been able to use the tutorial I would not be trying to get money out of you.
At least this problem is now resolved. Thankyou.