Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-10-2009 , 05:48 AM
Subscriber

Complete Maya Production System Available for Download

www.plumber3d.com/plumber.html

I wrote a complete Maya production system that I'd like to let everyone know about.

I've worked in the animation business for 13 years, and I've use my experience to craft Plumber, an easy-to-use asset-based pipeline system. Using proven studio techniques of asset-based production that aren't usually available outside of large production houses, Plumber is designed to be an intuitive and user friendly system of tools. This simplicity of use, however, hides a deep production system that will grow with your needs. Your projects will be organized, efficient, and completed in record time. Plumber allows you to focus on being creative, not on managing files.

Plumber also has a module strictly for Shot production. It organizes sequence and shot work by department or task, and provides for smooth hand offs between departments. Plumber versions shots, and it manages takes. It excels at group project work, and has a note system to ensure that you will never lose another file again.

If you have no experience with asset based systems, after a short time you will understand why studios use them.

If you have used asset based systems before, now you can have your own.

* Completely GUI based, Plumber's simple and intuitive tools let artists work efficiently.
* Work collaboratively with shared asset libraries, department switching, and concise shot management.
* An asset-based system, Plumber automatically organizes models, puppets, characters, sets, and props.
* Easily integrate pre-existing tools, unique procedures and custom scripts into the Plumber system.
* Perfect for students, Plumber utilizes big studio pipeline methods you will not be be exposed to in school.

Visit Plumber3d.com for more details, including reference movies, tutorials, documentation and more.

Download a 45 day trial and decide if studios have the right idea.

www.plumber3d.com/plumber.html

Last edited by skiena; 11-10-2009 at 06:28 PM.
# 2 02-11-2009 , 06:40 AM
Thanks a million. Very useful indeed. I've taken a quick look at the links and i think this could be quite an interesting path to follow. Once again thank you very much.