Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-01-2011 , 10:01 PM

Camera rendering problem!

Hello guys, I've got a problem. I'm trying to make an animation with a house model I made, using a camera. But the problem is that the render comes out as it should in normal persp view, but not in the camera view. I've uploaded the renders.. the first one is the normal persp view, that's the way i'd like it to be, and the 2nd one is the camera view, that came out really oddly. Does anyone have a solution to how I could make the camera view the same as the normal persp view? Btw i haven't modified any settings on the camera, I just created a new camera and put it where it needs to be. Thanks in advance guys!

user added image
user added image

# 2 08-01-2011 , 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Check the "Common" tab in the render settings and in the "Renderable Cameras" section, make sure its rendering through the camera(s) you want. Maya will batch render using the "Persp" camera by default unless told otherwise. It also looks odd because the persp camera in your case doesn't have any tonemapping (via the exposure lens shaders) so it looks burnt out.

Edit:

You may need to do some gamma tweaks on the texture maps because currently they are quite washed out.

This was my take on it user added image https://gennyx.blogspot.com/2009/12/l...mbled-ass.html

lol man this link looks so misleading.user added image

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 08-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.
# 3 08-01-2011 , 10:42 PM
Thanks Gect! Problem solved!