SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / IK handles

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

18-01-2005, 07:03 AM   #1
mayakid14

IK handles
i have recently created a full skeleton for one of my characters.
today i was attaching IK handles on the skeleton's arms and legs.
there was a problem though. WHEN I PRESS ON THE JOINTS WITH THE IK HANDLE TOOL TO PLACE IK HANDLES THE JOINTS THAT I PRESS WITH THE TOOL DO NOT HIGHLIGHT AND THE IK HANDLE IS NOT CREATED ON THE SKELETON.
i just thought maybe some of u guys have run into this problem before. Just for the sake of "MORE INFO" ........when i select the whole skeletal chain and copy it, then paste it, i will not get this problem with the IK handles NOT BEING created.
i cant really create a new skeletal chain or even copy the curent one because i already got the mesh skinned to the joints.
maybe there is a script error in maya or something.
i am not really sure and of course thats why i posted this thread.............??????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????