Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 03-02-2005 , 01:44 PM

.wav or something

I know how to render an animation but I also want to know how to save an animation as a .wav file or .wma. Does someone know how?

# 2 03-02-2005 , 04:43 PM
they are both audio files so no visual data can be held in them, the best way to export to maya is to export as image files and then generate a video file out of that. I personally use video mach or after effects, depending on what i want to do with the footage.

(video mach is free for a time period)

FX supervisor - double negative
# 3 03-02-2005 , 06:01 PM
To bad, that doesn't sound very easy. Do you also have the site where I can download that?

# 4 03-02-2005 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
Its actually quite easy, just send the file where you want the pictures, have maya label your pictures from 00 to like 99 (however many you have) and video mach recognizes the order user added image.

heres the website.

https://www.gromada.com/

Have fun

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 03-02-2005 , 06:10 PM
Don't bother with Video Mach...

In my experience, RAD video tools is one of the better avi makers/converters. Unfortunately no commercial products may be made from it, and you need to give credit to the company if you save anything as a BINK! format... which is fairly simple because if you save the movie as an exe file (which encompases the de-BINK! codec) it automatically credits the company for you -- though you may want to check their FAQ out.

Also they allow exporting to AVI with practically any codec you may have installed -- such as XVid, DivX, Cinepak, Indeo, etc. For compression in DivX they're one of the best... assuming you learn how to adjust the settings correctly.

As for sound files -- that's a different story... may I recommend "Audacity", linked up with the LAME MP3 codec (both non-commercially free software.) Then record (may I recommend the Louisville Slugger to a Watermellon for a nice stress reliever -- all in the name of audio recording, of course) -- or just rip it from your favorite game or movie... but you didn't hear that from me :b

G'luck.

# 6 03-02-2005 , 06:21 PM
Thank you all. I have tried video mach now (it's free for 15 days) and it IS really easy. Just convert, save and it works perfect. Now I can also easily edit audio and stuff.

PS: I am new here and I think I am going to stay for a while since I am being helped really good here.

# 7 03-02-2005 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
You have to post that new work of yours in the WIP section user added image. Or join one of the challenges if you really want to learn quick, it forces ya to finish stuff on a deadline.. pretty cool!

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 8 05-11-2017 , 07:05 AM