Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-09-2011 , 09:15 PM
Lifetime Member

My dream office challenge: Puneet.3d

hi friends. i am not out from this challenge. user added image . was not feeling well from last few weeks. but now back again. and my thread was deleted user added image. anyways. i am back again with same concept the sea shell office look.
i would love to design my office like a sea shell and under sea plants .
so i have designed some 3d props for my dream office like main work desk, stools, shells, sea mushroom lights etc: have a look.

Attached Images
# 2 09-09-2011 , 09:18 PM
Lifetime Member
i will design around 9 to 10 types of shells. well only two type of shells are ready for now. please have a look.

Attached Images
# 3 09-09-2011 , 09:52 PM
i loved the table and lamps, not sure abt the chairs, compared to the table and lamps they look bit empty, bit of a sea shell decoration will do, in my opnion but its very very nice! so cool, great job user added image

# 4 10-09-2011 , 05:17 AM
Lifetime Member
Thank for critics Zainab user added image and i will surely do some more tweaks in the lamp. and i have not yet designed the chair for that work desk. those are stools that will be used in the reception area.

# 5 10-09-2011 , 08:26 PM
Lifetime Member
i am designing the main chair where i will sit. user added image so i have chosen the best species of under sea. "Octopus"

well my idea is to model octopus and then model sofa which will be on its curly legs. have a look on the base model. .

Attached Images
# 6 10-09-2011 , 09:21 PM
This is really a great idea. Very creative.
And good work on the base model

Cheers,
Roman
# 7 11-09-2011 , 07:53 AM
Nice idea and great execution so far. Looking forward for more! user added image

# 8 11-09-2011 , 05:34 PM
Lifetime Member
thanku every one. user added image

# 9 11-09-2011 , 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
I love water so I can definitely appreciate where you're going with this. Looks good so far.

- Genny
# 10 12-09-2011 , 04:15 PM
Lifetime Member
ok. here is the textured look of octopus. tomorrow i will upload the final chair model user added image please have a look.

Attached Images
# 11 12-09-2011 , 09:21 PM
Totally love it! I think this might be my favorite concept/design. It's totally outside the box and very creative. Cant's wait to see it finished.

Edit: I'm not picturing the octopus as part of a sofa/chair. I think i'll have to see it when you finish to understand. Right now, I see it more as the base of a bluish tinted glass table.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!

Last edited by Perfecto; 12-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.
# 12 15-09-2011 , 03:23 PM
Lifetime Member

interior look

i am working on the final look of interior, i have given sea mushroom look to the chairs for clients cos mushroom looks cosy .user added image i have given a star fish on the roof . and i have given little bump to the walls and have kept soft rounded corners as there is nothing in sea which is straight. and i have given multicolor glass window studded in the wall. sun light will fall on this and multi color pattern will be created in side the room.
further i wll make sea horse flower pot. then i will finish the flooring and the back wall with stones and sea shells. and at last i will fix ocopus chair on whic i will sit user added image...

Attached Images
# 13 15-09-2011 , 08:09 PM
Looking forward to how this will turn out. Very interesting concept user added image

Cheers,
Roman
# 14 21-09-2011 , 06:44 PM
Lifetime Member

test render

i have done a test render. This is not the final interior yet. i have to add plants and my dear octopus chair in it. will render the furniture close-ups separately. for now i have noon time render with me . there are corrections to be done in this shot . will be rendering night view too. have a look user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 15 21-09-2011 , 07:40 PM
Is this supposed to be underwater? Hmm..maybe you should do some underwater "fog". Try putting your scene into a volume cube and give the cubefog-material a bluish color. By transparency you can adjust the ammount. Maybe that could do the underwater effect. Just a thought. user added image