Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-02-2003 , 12:17 PM
Subscriber

Can't get shatter to work

Alright guys, this is my time of need. I can't figure out how to get this stupid thing to work right. No matter what I do, I can never get anything to work. There are three different kinds of shatter effects and none of them work for me. It's Dynamics Menu>Effects>Shatter. Any tutorials, short faqs, and general knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated.

# 2 10-02-2003 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber
Well, I figured it out. You have to delete history on the object. Why doesn't the friggin' help faq tell you this?! Do you know how long I've been trying to get this to work?! My gosh. I figured this out when I decided to read the script editor to see the details of the error I was getting, which is something I rarely do. I was going to delete this thread, but I apparently don't have the authorization to delete my own posts.

# 3 10-02-2003 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
New question: Is there a way to animate these shards with dynamics without having them intersect each other all the time? If I apply a gravity field to them they fall fine, but when they crash into the ground, I get an array of errors.

# 4 10-02-2003 , 03:56 PM
You can turn the error off in the command line using the mel that the errors give you....

Also, I believe you can turn collisions off as well, but I'm not in fromt of Maya right now, so I can't remember where you'd find that setting per shard.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 10-02-2003 , 04:14 PM

LOL

Gee, that what I do in java programing. If I get an error, i just coment out the thing giving me an error. Who needs to fix it anyway. user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!