Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-10-2004 , 01:54 AM

Help With Moving Control Origin

I am working on creating an animated mushroom and I am working on the stalk. However I am having trouble begining because I would like to be able to move the control origin to the bottem of the cilider so that when I make the cilinder bigger, it only grows up from that origin. I know there is a way to do this but I cannot remember. Please help if you can, thanks.

# 2 27-10-2004 , 02:57 AM
If I correctly understand what you are saying, I believe the default key is insert or home. I'm quite surprised there isn't a menu item for it in modify or something...

Hope that helps.

"We don't actually need to know that the main character has a past. All we need to know is that he has an objective and a lot of people are going to die and a lot of innocent inanimate objects are going to be destroyed and blown up before he can complete that objective."
# 3 27-10-2004 , 05:12 AM
Press insert, use the arrows to move the origion (I call it the pivot but whatever) to the place you want, then press insert again. Unlike the normal move tool, the arrows will not have tips.

# 4 27-10-2004 , 03:56 PM
i found it helps that the snap to's work in move pivot mode. Snap to vertex,grid and curve become very helpful while moving it. Especially wnen you want to move it to the bottom dead center of a cylinder(snap to bottom middle vert.)