Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 28-12-2011 , 07:16 PM

modeling and animating a gel/slime monster?

If any of you are into games I'm sure you have seen 2d or 3d forms of some type of slime monster(usually in the form of a cube, deformed sphere, etc).

My experience in maya is mostly in using the polygon box modeling technique(I believe there are various names for this methodology?). I am a little unsure though what kind of approach I should take to model this cube-shaped slime, such that when animated it looks like it is indeed gelatinous, slightly fluid like. I am planning on exporting this ultimately to UDK, so I am trying to avoid any maya specific shaders. This is very vague I know, please ask questions if they will help explain. This is something I do as a hobby, for fun. My real experience is in programming.

# 2 28-12-2011 , 07:19 PM
Technical Director
You can always block model the character, then turn it into an nCloth object with volume preservation; then bake the model once simulated.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 28-12-2011 , 08:53 PM
Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for =). Will see what comes out of it, when I get back home today.