Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 21-10-2006 , 03:58 PM

spotlight decay rate- not working

ok... so here's my problem. I cranked up the intensity of a spotlight to 3000. I switched the decay rate from "no decay" to quadratic... but guess what... nothing happened! This has never happened to me before but it seems that however I change the decay rate, it's like it has no effect whatsoever. So can you guys suggest me anything ? or maybe point out something that I have missed out?

Attached Thumbnails

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 2 21-10-2006 , 03:59 PM
second

Attached Thumbnails

# 3 21-10-2006 , 03:59 PM
third

Attached Thumbnails

# 4 21-10-2006 , 04:01 PM
fourth

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 22-10-2006 , 12:04 AM
you probably need to render it to see the difference because it's only Open GL in the viewport (which is pretty crap at handling lights)

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 22-10-2006 , 05:35 AM
yea trying to depend on just the viewport display (especially for lighting, since it'll really only let you see what the light is hitting and not an accurate intensity) will never really give you an accurate depiction of what you've got... even the high quality rendering option doesn't do all that much...

so take pm's advice and render it out.

Accept no substitutions.