Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-04-2007 , 08:01 PM

Slow mouse cursor tracking speed in Maya

I set my tracking speed for the mouse cursor to be pretty fast.
Whenever I open Maya, and using it, the tracking speed slows down.

Any ideas how to solve this?

# 2 08-04-2007 , 06:07 PM
i've noticed similar behavior while switching between windows, windows media player, photoshop, maya, and mozilla firefox. each program seems to create its own 'mouse speed'.

i have a logitech optical mouse, but without the 'wheelman' drivers installed, because i now have xp and the mouse is USB and a windows update recommended an upgrade that wasn't logitech related.

are you using a logitech mouse, or is it just me? anyone else have a logitech mouse problem?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 08-04-2007 , 06:34 PM
Now that you mentioned it, this strange behaviour only started with I installed the Logitech drivers for my mouse.

I'm using Logitech MX510

# 4 09-04-2007 , 07:14 PM
I'm a wireless Logitech MX1000 too. No problems with track speed when I installed the driver for this mouse.

So I surmise it might be a driver problem.

# 5 09-04-2007 , 07:39 PM
Senior Software Developer
Hey Guys.

I work in Support for a Big UK Bank and we had issues with the Logitech Mouseware Drivers version 9 and over on NT/2000 and XP

If you remove the driver (you don't need them btw) and the mouseware appliaction all will be well again.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)