Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-11-2007 , 07:36 PM

muscle plugins

I recently made some corrections to an old human model and would like to use a muscle plugin on it for rigging.

since I like to use maya8.5 I have to ask a question. is there any outstanding muscle simulator plugin for maya8.5? maybe some1 has allready have experience with those kind of plugins and could recommend something to me user added image

tia!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 2 20-11-2007 , 07:54 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 3 20-11-2007 , 08:15 PM
nice, but where to get it now? :headbang:

ty!

ever done something with cMuscle?

# 4 20-11-2007 , 08:58 PM
Think that Wishbonakobi (think thats his user name, sorry if it isnt) uses it for his models.

If its been taken over by autodesk give your reseller a shout.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 21-11-2007 , 01:06 AM
Wishbonakobi isn´t his username but nevermind, I´ll try cMuscle soon.

this btw is the model I am about to rigg. It is an old model from about one year ago where you guys helped me alot with rigging issues. now, since I do realtime projects only I haven´t touched riggs or animation stuff since then. but this hiRes things is what it all started with and what I am interested in the most. I´d like to finally do my first short film, but next thing would be texturing her (orks! I hate texturing XD).

model is about 24k polys without dress and stuff which needs to be done soon - I want to try mayaNucleus finally. the face still sux. hope I can bring some updates next days.

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 21-11-2007 , 01:23 AM

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 21-11-2007 , 01:38 AM
mille grazie!

# 8 21-11-2007 , 12:56 PM
I use Cmusclesystem. It's a great muscle/skin system. It had a couple of minor bugs in it that its creator, Michael Comet, always helped me to fix but I think now that Autodesk has it, their team will probably iron all of the bugs out and make it work a little bit smoother. since I started using Cmusclesystem, I stopped using Maya's skin deformer.

# 9 21-11-2007 , 06:25 PM
this is one lazy fat cat! XD

now that Autodesk has it, their team will probably iron all of the bugs out and make it work a little bit smoother

I very hope so. dont know the plugin and it´s bugs but autodesk usually implements the "program is crashing and I dont know why"-feature at first. might be I am the only one who thinks this way but I cursed 3dsmax a lot user added image hope everything is working out well with the muscle plugin.

btw, why has autodesk to buy each and everything what´s on the market..? (just a rethoric question)

thx for the info dude!