Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-11-2020 , 04:52 PM

Using nCloth with nParticles

Hello, I am trying to create a simulation of falling leaves. I can apply nCloth to a poly plane, adjust the settings,
and get a desired result, but I would like to use a particle system like nParticles to generate the poly plane(leaves).
Whenever I instance an nCloth object in nParticles, Maya crashes so I am thinking this is not possible. Any
workaround getting objects to act like nCloth being generated by nParticles? Thanks for any help

James B.

# 2 06-07-2021 , 01:49 AM
Hello user added image

Is there a particular reason you want to use nParticles? I imagine just using nCloth to have the leaves fall would be a less complicated way to go about this. You could set up a few leaves to fall how you want them to and save them as an alembic cache that you can later import and manipulate/offset to give the impression of having more leaves if that's what you needed.

Or, you maybe could instance an alembic cache of a leaf onto the nParticles?