Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 08-09-2013 , 04:09 AM

HumanIK Animation problem in maya.

Hey everyone!
I am a novice animator and modeler. I have been learning how to work with Maya 2013 myself through youtube tutorials and Google. I am stuck with the HumanIK tool while trying to animate my model. I have a Biped model that is rigged and weighted properly. I just started messing around with the HumanIK because of the built in control curves it places on the skeleton.

The problem I am having is with the keyframes. I can’t really think of a way to explain it in question form so I’ll just give an explanation of what is happening. I have a 24 frame test animation. On frame 1 and 24 I have the model standing. On frame 12 I have the model translate down on the y axis a bit, so it will return to the starting position on frame 24. I then add something simple such as moving the arm to the side on frame 18. The problem is that the arm doesn't start moving on frame 1 - 18 – 24, it starts on frame 12 - 18 - 24. It seems on the timeline that when I set a keyframe the whole rig gets set instead of the control I have selected. This problem is really messing me up when I am trying to animate something more complex.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

# 2 12-09-2013 , 02:32 PM
Hi!

I have the same problem about setting the keys. In your Character Controls window, you can choose Full body mode (wich will set a key on all controlers), Body Part (if you select the right wirst and you set up a key, all the right arm will have a key) and Selection - logically this mode is suppose to put keys only on your selection, but this is where I'm stuck...

when I go in the Selection mode, none of my controlers work... This is really frustrating if you want to delete a key or add secondary movements without exploding all of your other curves...

I'll continue searching, and post here if I find anything...

(sorry for my poor english!)