Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-03-2017 , 10:27 AM
Lifetime Member

Connection Editor - Face MoCap Connection to Blendshapes

Hi all!
I’m struggling with connections in the Connection Editor.
I’ve got a facial MoCap file which I would like to connect to the blendshapes of my model.
When I select the ‘Head’ locator and load that into the Connection Editor, I can find the data which I can link to my blendshapes. No issues there.
It - looks - like the markers are parented to this head locator.
But when I create a new locator and parent the markers to that new locator, I cannot find the data in the Connection Editor when loading this new locator.
I even tried ‘Parent Constrain’ to parent these markers to a new locator. Same. Cannot find the data in the Connection editor.
Can someone explain me how to connect this mocap data/locators to a new locator so I can find the data in the Connection Editor?

Link to the Maya .mb file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx1g46jork...ta.mb.zip?dl=0

Thx in advance for the help!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-06-2017 , 11:31 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi all.
Any help regarding this?
Thanks!