Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-01-2004 , 07:35 PM

Snapping along one axis

Can you snap one vertex to another vertex along only one axis?

Like if I want a one vert to have the same y value as the other but I don't want to change the x and z values?

Or if I wanted to align a row of verts to a single vert's y value, so they'd align along the y value but keep their spacing along the other axes.

# 2 29-01-2004 , 07:48 PM
just click the handle of the axis you want to snap to so it turns yellow and then you will only affect that axis.

you can use th middle mouse button (draggin while the handle is yellow) to get more accurate results.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 29-01-2004 , 09:11 PM
I must be doing something wrong, I'm getting alot of flickering, it's constraining the movement to one axis, but it doesn't seem to be snapping to the y values. I'll have to play around with it for a while.