Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-09-2006 , 07:06 PM

Wat Country

I was wondering where Simply Maya is set up. I'm from the U.S and it's about 2:00pm. It's about 8:00pm over there. Just wondering where it is founded. :bandit:

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 2 28-09-2006 , 04:05 AM
Subscriber
I'm not exactly sure either. We have a lot of folks from the UK aboard, but I THINK the site is US based. As for the time, it is based on GMT, or Greenwich Mean Time. Back in the 17th or 18th century when the world was being mapped, the observatory at Greenwich, UK, was the starting point. Anything east of there is "officially" east, anything west is west. The international date line (on the opposite side of the globe) is where day one ends and day two begins.

GMT is used as a "standard" for time as well, so that ships at sea and planes in the sky have a universal reference point.

Many websites use GMT. My local time (New York City, US, Eastern Standard Time, same as yours) is also posted!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 28-09-2006 , 04:23 PM
I think its in the UK, since the default money payments are asked in pounds.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 4 30-09-2006 , 08:55 AM
Subscriber
i would say that same.

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 5 02-10-2006 , 02:45 AM
I think that SimplyMaya is based in Houston Texas.