Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-04-2003 , 02:27 AM

Hinges

I tried to build a hinge effect with two polycubes, using the ins key and moving the little circle icon to an appropriate local (then I could use the rotate tool and simulate the effect...) Altough It worked, I wish to know if there is a better or most usual way to do this.

Here's my model:

Thanks.

:bgreen:
# 2 17-04-2003 , 02:35 AM
I just rotate and key the motion for animation.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 23-04-2003 , 08:12 PM
I wish I could find some kind of "snap to" tool when I use the rotate tool so things don't overlap. A tool like "make rigid" could be useful too. Those tools exist?

Thanks.

Mário.

# 4 23-04-2003 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
I don't think there is anything to make the rotate snap to a specific location. If you want precise rotations, just enter values into the channel box. If you want something to rotate a full turn, key once at 0 then key again at 360.

# 5 23-04-2003 , 09:09 PM
Thanks, Darkware.
I'll try it...

Mário.