Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 106 11-06-2003 , 02:26 AM
Subscriber
Well we have armoured landrovers. And there are Hummers. Military vehicles have both armour and mounted weapons. Those are 'stock'.

I think Brian's vehicle looks 'extreme' myself though and no doubt will more so by the end of things. I don't think one should jump on someone for raising the issue simply because Brian makes great models however.

# 107 11-06-2003 , 02:31 AM
Subscriber
its true, and i apologize cause i could've phrased that response a little more Maturely.
i just felt it was obvious that this model did "distinctively look like [it] can do something extreme". It doesn't look like a hummer or military vehicle, and i've never seen an armoured Land rover, not to say they don't exist.

And ACTUALLY this is supposed to be a vehicle that should tackle ice = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 108 11-06-2003 , 07:50 AM
Nice work Brian! I always enjoy your work dude!

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect
# 109 11-06-2003 , 12:38 PM
THnanks for all of your comments guys.. Sorry if It still isn't extreme enough yet... I am still working on it right now... I was wondering if you guys had any sugestions on how I could make it more extreme?? THanks again,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 110 11-06-2003 , 02:37 PM
Fluffy dice on the rear view mirror, nothing more extreme than fluffy dice.

# 111 11-06-2003 , 02:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
I think the main concern some people are having is that it's overall shape is very similar to modern SUVs.

# 112 11-06-2003 , 03:11 PM
Thanks mike, I will see what I can do...

Please check
My (old) website!
# 113 11-06-2003 , 06:29 PM
I have been working on this for a while today, trying to make it look more modified, instead of something you would see on your street. Now, Keep in my my initial intention was to base this off of a 90's style truck (but not a particular one), that some one modified to take over the new terain of ice. You can Take a look at my earlier description. Umm.. Is this any better? Obviously, it still needs a ton of detail and work done to it, but I wanted to get your idea on the design. Thanks for your help guys!
Brian

BTW, !!user added image user added image I forgot to unhide Sub Surfaces, so my fender flares aren't showing up in this pic. Sorry

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 114 11-06-2003 , 06:37 PM
man...your skillz are crazy...its looking... Oo

# 115 11-06-2003 , 06:37 PM
Subscriber
thats is crazy Brian. Can we get a render of that. I love the wheel concept

# 116 11-06-2003 , 06:40 PM
its looking great.. try adding more in the way to make it look less like a SUV.. not quite sure

FX supervisor - double negative
# 117 11-06-2003 , 06:41 PM
Here is a detail of my spikey treds... I will try to get a render out to you (Yikes!) May take alittle while, kind of alot of stuff.
Brian

Hmm... I was really kind of going for the SUV look... Didn't want it to be like a tank, to Militaryish, Trying to make it look more like a homemade REBEL Vehicle instead.

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!

Last edited by brian_ellebracht; 11-06-2003 at 06:44 PM.
# 118 11-06-2003 , 07:00 PM
aww that would be cool, add soem like.. tats of cloth to it.. camoflage stuff, make it look a bit used? that week is nice and detailed, i guess you modeld one section of the tank trucks then added them to a motion path and duplicated then offset them? if so .. when i did my ones in this way i had to offset them irregularely to get them to look right, for example for the first duplicate i offseted one tank track section by 1 on the U then by the last duplicate i had to offset it by hundreds to get it to move the same distance... i dont understand why this is. is it how you build the curve?? hope that makes sence brian, it is very detaile din that area, maybe start texturing the main body.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 119 11-06-2003 , 07:03 PM
Subscriber
wow now it looks really unique. only the lower wheels float in the air :p

# 120 11-06-2003 , 07:04 PM
I love that. I did like it before better though, but this fits the category better.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow