Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 29-10-2012 , 06:45 AM
SoulStormer

First 3d Artwork after 5 Years

Maya has not played its role in my life since 5 years. But now I had to return to MAYA because of... its awsomeness 3d Environment and Quality. So heres my First 3d Artwork after a gap of 5 years. It was a test for me which had Modeling, Texturing and Lighting.

Please share your comments as I will be updating my other works soon.

'ALI....
www.alifakhruddin.weebly.com

user added image

# 2 29-10-2012 , 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
Nice warm feel to the lighting. The pfx trees oh, the pfx trees(the developers need to update those things seriously). Apart from that, the only things that bug me is the grass not seeming to cast shadows and that bit of texture stretching on the lower right wall. Other than that, good job, especially after a 5 year dry spell.

- Genny
# 3 29-10-2012 , 07:05 PM
SoulStormer
Thankyou very much for your valuable comment. I too agree with you on the trees and the plane effect in the lower right wall. I will try to come up with something better in that area. I am not that much satisfied with the grass result as well because it looks flat without shadows and color depth. Any idea where can I give those depths as they are converted to polys from pfx. This is completely beyond my expectations coz i had a hard time away from Maya...

www.alifakhruddin.weebly.com